If you are interested in applying for this position, please send resume to Tamara.T.Schroeder@employ.oregon.gov and in the subject line include “JL3802423, Sub Teacher”.
Get your foot in the door to working for the Medford School District!
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Substitute Teacher Certification
Applicants must pass a State/FBI Criminal History Clearance, Child Care’s Central Background Clearance, and possible drug screen, as well as attending an orientation/training session and complete required district and state credentialing requirements (background check, fingerprinting).
* Assist with classroom instruction in the regular teacher’s absence. Follow and teach lesson plans, aid students in understanding subject matter, and ensure that regular classroom routines are followed.
* Provide meaningful instruction to students while regular teacher is absent.
* Review and implement regular teacher’s routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives.
* Establish and maintain a safe and orderly environment.
* Report to office upon arrival at school; check absent teacher’s mailbox for materials requiring immediate attention; request clarification of school rules and procedures.
* Implement lesson plans; ensure the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate.
* Organize students for effective instruction.
* Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
* Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria.
* Dismiss students from the classroom before leaving the building.
* Collect and place students’ papers in regular teacher’s desk.
* Return instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place.
* Respect and maintain confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
* Maintain discipline and classroom control to foster a safe and positive learning environment for all in accordance with school policies.
* Ensure adequate supervision to assure all students’ health, welfare, and safety; take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
* Follow oral and written directions.
* Understand and follow lesson plans.
* Establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
* Set the proper tone from the beginning for classroom management.
* Establish quick rapport with students (flexible and friendly).
* Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with student, staff and/or parent information.
Note: Regular instruction to special needs children may be necessary.
DAYS AND HOURS:
* Exact schedule arranged with employer, will vary depending on need.
* $106 – $206 Per day, DOE
To apply for this job email your details to Tamara.T.Schroeder@employ.oregon.gov