Unsure of what path to take? Try Traitify
Traitify is a quick (just a couple of minutes!) picture based assessment providing feedback on personality traits, preferences and possible career paths.
If you are unsure of your career path, a personality assessment can help. Traitify is an online assessment of personality and work preferences (things you can do or like to do). The assessment provides career paths that align with your choices. Each career path offers specific occupations that can be explored.
General Search Tools
Want to search Indeed for all occupations in the Rogue Valley? Click the Search Indeed button.
Want to learn more about Occupations, click the QualityInfo button.
Need help with your resume or interviewing? Click the Job Preparation button below.
Need more help finding a job or work-based training (Internships, Work Experience, or On-the-Job Training)?
Do you need help starting or updating your career? The local work centers (in Medford and Grants Pass) provide free coaching and help with employment search, resumes, interviewing (including online interviews), life coaching (personal and professional skills), scholarship opportunities, On-the-Job Training, and Internship opportunities. Here are online options that they offer:
- MyWorkSource – a personalized career planning site including:
- tools to find jobs
- help building resumes and portfolios
- a budget planner
- iMatchSkills – Oregon’s labor market application helping to connect job seekers with employers
- Empower Launch Pad – workshops to help with soft skills that are vital to employment success, parenting, and long-term partnerships.
- Foundational Skills Workshops – workshops to help with resumes, interviewing, networking and more.
Want to get started? It is easy, you have choices:
- Click the “have a question” icon in the lower right corner and send a short message, WSRV will reach out to you and help.
- Send an email
- Call Jackson County 541-734-7533 or Josephine County 541-471-3811
QualityInfo.Org is Oregon’s labor market information warehouse. From here you can search for occupations and learn about:
- wage ranges
- area employment numbers (and expected changes in the next 10 years)
- any requirements for the profession (education, knowledge, skills, abilities, licenses, or certifications)
- schools or trainings
- possible jobs related to the occupation
O*NET is the National source of occupational information (that QualityInfo draws from) including overviews, wages, any requirements (education, knowledge, skills, abilities, licenses or certifications). Here are few helpful links:
Project Youth+ prepares low-income, first-generation, and under-represented youth to thrive in school, careers and life. Youth and young adults (through age 24) are supported in learning about themselves, applying self-awareness toward school and careers. Additionally, youth are guided to reach their full academic potential while preparing them for a successful transition from high school or GED to college and the workforce. Project Youth+ offers financial training and support in addition to connecting participants with partner agencies and employers. For more information click HERE.
Considering an Apprenticeship in the Rogue Valley?
Try one of the buttons below:
Federal Resources for College Students
Other Grants and Scholarships for College
- RCC (Rogue Community College) Foundation Scholarships
- Redwood Foundation Additional Local Scholarships – a comprehensive list of local organizations that provide scholarships in Southern Oregon
- Redwood Foundation Josephine County Scholarships – for graduating high school seniors in Josephine County, Oregon
- Redwood Foundation – Post High School Scholarships – including general and specific sectors (such as healthcare and construction)
- Redwood Foundation – Project Youth+ provides scholarships for middle and high school age learners to plan for their future
- Redwood Foundation – Southern Oregon Latino Scholarship Fund
- Study.com Student Scholarships – single parent, adult learner, transfer students, and specific state scholarships including Oregon
Southern Oregon University Educational Pathways
See the different Micro-Credentials that SOU offers by clicking the SOU Micro-Credentials button.
See the different programs that SOU offers by clicking the SOU Majors button.
Want more information on SOU admissions and tuition? Click the SOU Prospective Students button to learn more.
Do you have questions about SOU scholarships? Click the SOU Financial Aid button to learn more.
SOU has a career planning page too, click the SOU Careers button to learn more.
Rogue Community College Educational Pathways
Visit the RCC TRIO to help with creating your college plan, help with academic success and overcoming academic difficulities. Click the RCC TRIO utton.
See the different programs that RCC offers by clicking the RCC Guided Pathways button.
Need help starting your education pathway at RCC? Click the RCC Learn More button to connect with their friendly staff.
STEP at Rogue is offered to students who have a qualifying degree with a specific job in mind and are currently receiving SNAP benefits (and not TANF-Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). Students in the STEP program will receive paid support services, career coaching and many other support services. Click the STEP at Rogue button for more information.
RCC Career and Technical Education: certificate and degree programs through Rogue Community College that can be earned within 12 to 24 months including apprenticeships. Click the RCC CTE button for more information.
Need help planning your career? Click the RCC Employment Services button for preparation and development support.
Oregon State University (OSU) Educational Pathways
See the different programs that OSU offers and career development by clicking the OSU Majors button.
For admissions information at OSU including virtual tours, click the OSU Admissions button.
For financial aid information at OSU, click the OSU Financial Aid button.
University of Oregon (UO) Educational Pathways
Take a virtual tour of the University, request more information, submit an application and check out their financial aid opportunities by clicking the UO Admissions button.
See a list of UO programs by clicking the UO Majors button.
Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) Educational Pathways
See a list of OHSU programs by clicking the OHSU Majors button.
The Explore Science Education site at OHSU provides resources for students and employers interested in the field of of science. To learn more, click the OHSU Explore Science Education button.
For admissions and financial aid information, click the OHSU Admissions button.
Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT) Educational Pathways
See a list of OHSU programs by clicking the OIT Majors button.
OIT offers a college credit program for high school students, learn more by clicking the OIT Dual Credit button.
For admissions and financial aid information, click the OIT Admissions button.